Description | Aerial Yoga
Fly (Aerial Yoga)
Come experience what it’s like to fly as we move through a series of standing poses, seated poses, and inversions using a silk hammock suspended three feet from the floor and attached to steel beams close to the ceiling. Expect modified versions of various yoga asanas (postures) using the hammock to deepen the stretch and add an element of flight. You will use muscles you didn’t even know you had! Come fly with us. Beginning Aerial is required prior to mix level aerial classes and a shirt with sleeves is also required for this aerial practice.
Frequently Asked Questions
- As with any yoga class, do not use hand lotion before class.
- Do not wear jewelry, belts, or clothing with zippers or buttons, gems, or anything that could potentially snag the silk hammock. Avoid shorts or very baggy clothing.
- Bring a yoga mat to class.
- Wear a shirt that covers your underarms completely to avoid discomfort.
- Bring a large towel or thick sweatshirt for padding until you are used to the feeling of the fabric.
- Please trim your fingernails and toenails.
- Avoid eating or drinking acidic liquids an hour prior to class.
- Please observe good personal hygiene and wear deodorant.
As with any yoga practice, please talk to the instructor before attending class if you have any medical issues that may prevent you from inverting (glaucoma, heart condition, etc.) or putting pressure on your skin. If you have a spinal injury or medical condition, check with your doctor first.
Unfortunately, our insurance policy currently restricts those under the age of 15 to participate in an aerial class.
Think of the last time you laughed like a kid. This is the class that will challenge, inspire, and help you rediscover the playful side of yourself. Play is a partner based fusion of yoga, acrobatics, & Thai massage. This class cultivates trust, community, and playfulness. Bring a friend or come alone – no partner required. Mixed level suitable for all levels, Intermediate/Advance (Acro Badassery) requires teacher permission.